Some of this information is known by a lot of you and some of it is known by very very few of you, and with that I bring you.
25 grrouchie facts
- I am a pack-rat
- I have a small video game collection that spans back to the first NES and I have at least 15 games for each system I own
- I have a B.S. in Accounting
- I do not "man-scape"
- My first real tattoo is of Groucho Marx
- If it has peanut butter in it, I probably f'n love it
- I have a can of Surge from when it was popular in the late 90's. It is still full and has a "beer nipple" on top of it
- I have moved 20+ times
- I have three lasting friendships from my past
- This whole blogging thing has helped me to escape my last depression
- I find that going to a live football game to be pretty boring. I miss the color commentary, the close-ups, the commercials and being able to see what is actually going on
- I have had a back-burner dream of becoming a comedian since high-school
- I'm a recovering technology junkie
- I've lived in Vegas for 6 years and have never bothered going to California
- I am almost free of all of the common debt that drowns most Americans (credit cards)
- I have a Ford Focus and ADD
- I hate being late so much that I always arrive 15+ minutes early
- I drink 36-72 ounces of Mtn Dew per day and that IS cutting back from when I was younger
- The liquor cooler that I had in my college dorm still runs and is now in my bedroom
- I almost became an alcoholic after my first engagement ended
- Once I realized fact #20 I completely stopped drinking for about 5 years
- I have an addictive personality
- Beavis and Butt-Head is my favorite cartoon
- Guns-N-Roses, Marilyn Manson and Gwar are my 3 favorite music groups
- My first car was bought solely with proceeds from selling Magic: The Gathering cards around the year 2002. The car is dead but the cards have increased in value a min of 10-fold.
Very interesting stuff! Except 4 isn't true. Per my request you do.ReplyDelete
I was talking about you beard, I didn't mean it to sound dirtyDelete
Oh, wow, I'm kind of in a hurry and I just skimmed this list (and Gary's too. But I had to comment on #5. When we meant, I was gonna ask if your screen name was an homage to Groucho, but I kind of assumed you were just using it for the grrouchie persona you've adapted.ReplyDelete
I am HUGE fan of Groucho and the Marx Brothers. That was one of my big things in college, going to repeated showing of all their movies (back before DVD, VHS, even Betamax). You had to go to some place that was actually showing the films. I've read I'll bet at least 100 books on the Marx Brothers. "Groucho & Me"--Groucho's autobiography is one of my all time favorite books.
So we have more in common than I thought, my friend.
I didn't see that Groucho tattoo last month, tho, please don't tell me it's in a place I don't want to ever see!
I want to hear yours Rob.Delete
I own all their movies and I have probably 8 books in my trunk.Delete
Groucho is my de facto idol
Thought Don Juan was going to buy the place?Delete
Mr Dre, Mr NWA, Mr coming Straight out of Compton you all better make way.
and I did call you, like 2 days ago when I was driving through the dangerous road conditions on the 15.
I think I have all their films on Beta, VHS, and DVD. I'm still wondering if I should ask to see your Groucho tattoo next week.Delete
Oh...and that's the most ridiculous thing I EVER hoird.
If there was ever one person in all of history that I wish I could have had the chance to meet and just spend an evening talking to and picking their brain, it's Groucho.Delete
My tat is on my shoulder.
I'd like to befriend you enough that when you finally kick the bucket you leave me your Marx Brother collection :)
I'll give you a dolla!
Meant to add that in the 70's when he was old and feeble, I saw "An Evening with Groucho" at the L.A. Music Center. He wasn't sharp, but he had his moments and I was glad to see him live before he died (because it would be really hard to see him live after).Delete
Also, one of my best friends was a high school pal of Groucho's grandson Andy and once met Groucho face to face back then. I've urged her to come here and comment on that event.
When I die, I'm taking Groucho with me, sorry.
Rob you crack me up !ReplyDelete
Glad to read #10. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
Honesty is fun! lolDelete
I might steal this Idea... and btw Gwar rules....Great readReplyDelete
I got into Gwar during Scumdogs. The chick I was dating at the time made a comment along the lines of "you should check out this band, they seem like your type" so I went out and bought the album without ever hearing a song and have been hooked since then.Delete
Have both of Brokie's Solo's and even have Ex Cops.
Picking up Brockies Book sometime in the near future
On #4....I am now a believer and may need to write a post on it soon. Bottom line: birds like manicured gardens. You may want to rethink that one...ReplyDelete
All in all...kinda scary to see how much of that list would pertain to me too!
Best thing abput Groucho: he could be subtly dirty and get away with it.
PS. 11 is extremely true. I'll take a 50" plasma and Redzone any day.Delete
I'll be patiently awaiting your post on it.Delete
And in the mean time, being single and without a chance to get any strange I'm pretty sure that it will not be affecting me adversely.
I think we are long lost twins.ReplyDelete
I'll drink to that.:) lolDelete
Sad to say I didn't know some of these. :(ReplyDelete
I think this list was PT while the other one was BT lolDelete
yeah, totally - that's the ticket
Tricia you have a husband, why in th world are you sad you don't know 25 random things about someone you dated 100 years ago?Delete
Because I'm the best thing since sliced bread and EverquestDelete
We have a lot in common. I had not read your list when I wrote my top 25. That was my list from 3-4 years ago on Facebook. When I met with my doctor for the recent sleep study he asked how many ounces of caffeinated beverages I drink a day. I wrote 72. He looked at it and asked, "Is that 12 or 72? I hope 12."
I'm totally with you on 12. There used to be a local comedian that ran a comedy college where he would spend a week working with you on joke writing and how to put together a stand up routine and then at the end of the week you do your act at a local comedy club. I never did it before he quit offering it and I regret it.
I also own an NES, N64, Playstation, Playstation 2, Xbox, and Xbox 360. I never forgave my mom for throwing out my Intellivision system and Super NES.
It does appear that I share a lot in common with you, pretty awesome.Delete
One day I will do an open mic night somewhere here in Vegas - I've got time - but I really need to get some material down which is the hardest part for me.
Normally I'm a "fly by the seat of your pants" type of guy and I make my friends laugh at the random stuff that comes out of my mouth or my reactions to things.
Prepared comedy is something that scares me because if I think something is funny and no one laughs I can blame it on bad timing or a bad punchline or "well it was funnier in my head."
If I prepare something for weeks and then spout it off and no one laughs then I'm just plain not funny and I don't know if I can take that rejection right now (so I'm waiting) heh.
Also - I know this is going to be horribly dorky - but my systems.
NES, Snes, N64 x2,Gamecube, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, Playstation 3 x2, Xbox x2, Xbox 360 (had 3 at one point, ex got one and one died).
Gameboy Color, Gameboy Micro, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo 3ds, PSP
Biggest regret was trading in my PS1 towards the purchase of a PS2 because the PS2 is backwards compatible.
I tell myself it's the "collector" in me, but it's probably more the pack rat